In 2013, I graduated with a Master of Fine Arts Degree in Industrial Design from Rochester Institute of Technology; this complements my Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial Design) from Beijing University of Technology in 2011. Additional professional development in design includes studies in Denmark, and also in New York. I offer more than five years’ experience in commercial and industrial design. My design experience is in retail display and furniture and includes packaging. Key clients include luxury brands such as Movado and other more mainstream manufacturers such as Casio and Citizen. Currently, I am leading teams and am now ready to step into a leadership role.
I have excellent technical skills including more than ten years of experience using SolidWorks® and Adobe Creative Suite® (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). I have the ability to lead all phases of design in complex, multidisciplinary projects. Furthermore, I have demonstrated the ability to liaise directly with overseas clients right through to the production stage. I am a great multitasker and am creative, innovative and motivated. While I work well independently without direct supervision, I also have excellent team skills.
If selected, I can contribute in a positive, creative way to your team. I would be ever so grateful for an interview at which time I will gladly provide more details about my background and experience, walk you through my portfolio, and answer any questions you might have.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Kitchen Designer/ Specialist
The Home Depot
05. 2019 – Present • Chicago, IL
Designed more than 100 kitchens for the customers, bringing in $700,000 a year in sales for the company.
Co-Founder/ Chef Designer
05.2018 – Present • Chicago, IL
GradWYSE LLC is one of the concepts we want to provide appropriate gifts for different age groups to record their memorable moments, currently only released graduation gifts.
- Responsible for the development of impactful design solutions for the company and the market.
- Responsible for the website design of the company.
- Collaborate with Founder to integrate the specific project with overall brand strategies and style guidelines
- Execute all phases of design, revisions, mechanical production and artwork release
Pac Team Group
09.2013 – Present • Paramus, NJ
- Mainly developed the new concept for packaging and display designs for 3 luxury watch or jewelry brand: Citizen L series, Casio, and Effy Jewelry. Responsible for sketch, 2-D and 3-D creations, technical drawing and mock-ups.
- Create 3-D files and renderings for packaging and display by SolidWorks and KeyShot.
- Set up production files that are ready for factory manufacturing and work closely with production department to implement a final sample.
- Finished over 300 projects individually, which covered 60+ luxury brands in a watch, jewelry, eyewear, kitchenware, and fashion industries, like Movado, Tag Heuer, Harry Winston, Hearts on Fire, Stuart Weitzman, Kenneth Cole, and Zwilling Cookware.
- Ask me if you need more portfolio.
User Experience Design
2014 – 2014 • New York, NY
Finished 3 months User Experience Design classes in General Assembly.
Danish Institute for Study Abroad
Study Abroad in Furniture Design and Manufacturing
2012 – 2012 • Denmark
Furniture Design and Manufacturing
Rochester Institute of Technology
Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Industrial Design
2011 – 2013 • Rochester, NY
Beijing University of Technology
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Industrial Design
2007 – 2011 • Beijing, China
- Volunteer in 2008 Beijing Olympic Games 2008.8
- Second prize in Reusable Bag Design Contest of BJUT 2009.11
- Technical support at Youth Volunteer Service Corps of BJUT 2008-2010
Bronze Award in 2013 IDEA Competition, IDEA Award (Mua-Mi • Designed a novel breast pump, which helps mothers breast-feed in public without embarrassed.) [link]
New Appearance Patent, State Intellectual Property Office of P.R.China (Designed a flower shaped remote study station to be placed randomly on campus for student to use.)
Finalist Award in The 3rd China Automobile Design Competiton, FAW Automotive (Shirley’s City Auto • Designed a new type of urban transportation which can be drive normally or be hanging on the trail for auto-driving.)
Merit Award in Product Innovation Design for University Students, Beijing University of Technology (But to Fly • Designed a butterfly shaped personal aircraft for future human being.)
Solo, Milan Design Week, Exhibition Din - Milan, Italy (“The Stool” weaving chair was exhibited on 2018’ Milan Design Week.)
Group, JCK Las Vegas Antique Jewelry & Watch Show, Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino - Las Vegas, NV (Designed both 2014-2019 Citizen L Vitrine in JCK Basel world.)
Solo, International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), Javits Center - New York, NY (“The Stool” weaving chair made in DIS furniture program in Denmark was exhibited on 2013’ ICFF furniture fair.)
Movado Citizen Casio Harry Winston Tag Heuer Zwilling
Photoshop Illustrator Solidworks AutoCad 2020 design InDesign Rhinoceros After Effects Axure