Industrial Designer/Packaging Designer/Furniture Designer, Chicago, IL
Passionate and skilled young designer with over 10 years experience in industrial design.
In 2013, I graduated with a Master of Fine Arts Degree in Industrial Design from Rochester Institute of Technology; this complements my Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial Design) from Beijing University of Technology in 2011. Additional professional development in design includes studies in Denmark, and also in New York. I offer more than five years’ experience in commercial and industrial design. My design experience is in retail display and furniture and includes packaging. Key clients include luxury brands such as Movado and other more mainstream manufacturers such as Casio and Citizen. Currently, I am leading teams and am now ready to step into a leadership role.
I have excellent technical skills including more than ten years of experience using SolidWorks® and Adobe Creative Suite® (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). I have the ability to lead all phases of design in complex, multidisciplinary projects. Furthermore, I have demonstrated the ability to liaise directly with overseas clients right through to the production stage. I am a great multitasker and am creative, innovative and motivated. While I work well independently without direct supervision, I also have excellent team skills.
If selected, I can contribute in a positive, creative way to your team. I would be ever so grateful for an interview at which time I will gladly provide more details about my background and experience, walk you through my portfolio, and answer any questions you might have.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
- Co-Founder/ Chef Designer at GradWYSE LLC
- 05.2018 – Present Chicago, IL
- Industrial Designer at Pac Team Group
- 09.2013 – Present Paramus, NJ
- User Experience Design at General Assembly
- 2014 – 2014 New York, NY
- Study Abroad in Furniture Design and Manufacturing at Danish Institute for Study Abroad
- 2012 – 2012 Denmark
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Industrial Design at Rochester Institute of Technology
- 2011 – 2013 Rochester, NY
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Industrial Design at Beijing University of Technology
- 2007 – 2011 Beijing, China
- Bronze Award in 2013 IDEA Competition, IDEA Award
- New Appearance Patent, State Intellectual Property Office of P.R.China
- Finalist Award in The 3rd China Automobile Design Competiton, FAW Automotive
- Merit Award in Product Innovation Design for University Students, Beijing University of Technology
- Milan Design Week at Exhibition Din, Milan, Italy
- JCK Las Vegas Antique Jewelry & Watch Show at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) at Javits Center, New York, NY
- Harry Winston
- Tag Heuer
- After Effects